What We Are Watching

Saturday, November 19, 2005

It's Time to Rent: Millions

Time for me to start talking about my netflix rentals, particularly if those wacky networks continue to cancel my shows.

Last week we rented Millions which was so much better and different than I thought it would be. It is directed by the guy who directed Trainspotting. Who'd a-thunk that a man who got so disturbingly into a junkie's head would make the sweetest kids movie I've seen in forever?

MIllions is about two British boys who move with their father from the city to the suburbs not long after their mother dies.
The youngest son, Damian, is mourning by living in world where he talks to the saints. Anthony is just trying to move on and fit in at their new school. One day while Damian is playing in his fort near the train tracks, hanging out and talking with one of the saints in his imagination, a bag of money falls from the sky. The two brothers now must figure out what to do with the money, especially since the Euro is taking over Europe and the money they just found is about to be obsolete.

The money is just a catalyst to heal this family and I won't give away details but how it fell into their hands and what they do with it is very clever.

As the credits rolled I found a smile on my face that just wouldn't go away.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home