What We Are Watching

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

This tastes like a My Little Pony

That, my friends, was the best line of the night.

Overall a good episode. Some of the cuts to commercial were more awkward than usual. But we saw some flashes of the old Rory again and that made me happy. Though I don't like her bangs.

Madeline Albright did so well (in my opinion) as Lorelei in Rory's dream. It made me sad that their plan for 21 didn't work out though. Luke, as usual, is proving to be a dream and I'm so glad that they are allowing Lorelei to believe she deserves a guy like him. Logan proved to be a big shit. Rory should recognize his annoyance with her grandparents as something she doesn't want. I mean, Luke's reaction to them is one thing; Logan is just a brat about it.
I loved Luke giving Rory his mother's pearls and really enjoy the dynamic between he, Rory and Lorelei. He hates being in the middle but you can see since season one that he has loved Rory like a daughter and I hope he gets to be her stepdad.

Poor Grampa Gilmore. His heart is broken. Man, that scene where he was opening up to Lorelei and then totally got pushed by Emily's obnoxiousness to admit that he doesn't want Rory to be "just" a DAR fundraiser...wow. Just wow. It's not whether he believes that life is right for Emily...though you can see why she'd be offended by insinuation. Just great stuff.

The best part was the "scenes from upcoming episodes." I've never been a fan of Jess. He didn't treat either Rory or Luke in a way they deserved. But having him call her out - tell her she's not being herself - is perfect. The one thing about Jess is that he knew Rory better than anyone.

4 Comments:

  • rbkGreat recap! It was funny, but I sort knew how that drink would taste based on the My Little Pony reference :)

    We don't like her bangs either. We want to just brush them off her face!

    Can't wait to see what Jess brings to the table.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 8:41 AM  

  • I don't know why that "Rbk" was there. It was part of a word verification that I screwed up. I think they are making those things harder! Or maybe my eyes are just going.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 8:42 AM  

  • Am I the only person in the world who likes Jess? I understand his behavior and attitiudes and where they are coming from. He is the one who may be able to save Rory from herself and her grandparents. Emily wants Lorelai and Rory to be like herself, Richard wants them to be like him. Lorelai has the strength of character to be herself...Rory needs to develop that core strength

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM  

  • Yes, mom. You are the only one who likes Jess. :)
    I kid.
    Jess was just Rory's first little push toward being imperfect. And watching her let him treat her like poo was hard. That's all.

    But you're right on the button about Rory needing to be stronger like Lorelei!

    By Blogger B, at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home