What We Are Watching

Sunday, November 27, 2005

150 Minutes of Meals

I spent the weekend at the parents and they have cable (and I do not) and so I not only gorged myself on Turkey and the like, but I made sure I also saw at least 6 episodes of 30 Minute Meals. I so love that show and it's really one of the only things I miss about not having cable. I get completely in the mood for cooking when I watch Rachael Ray throw stuff in a pot and not measure it and cook things I don't like but remind me I can make it with chicken instead. I just love it.

We managed to see one from like 2001 or something, long before she was so animated in her descriptions and when she was a bit less comfortable in front of the camera. I prefer newer Rachael because even though she's animated, she's dropped the habit of saying "a little EVOO that's extra virgin olive oil..." She finally understands that her audience knows what she means when she abbreviates.

We also caught some Iron Chef America. Every single time I watch that it's my least favorite chef: Bobby Flay. I want Morimoto! I want to see the girl chef! I'll even take Mario! Bobby Flay is a disaster waiting to happen though. He burned himself and almost fell down three times during th squash battle. I'm also shocked by the challengers in this American version. They keep finishing way too early. And just stand around for 2 minutes. That's so not the Iron Chef spirit people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home