What We Are Watching

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gilmore Finale

So what did we think?

I'm curious because I have my own opinions but I wanna hear from you.

Some things worth mentioning: Chloe from 24 was one of the troubadours (the one who sang about lost her car).
Rory really did have a bad English accent. Seems odd that in an episode featuring so much music, Lane was absent.

Otherwise, I'll try to just report the facts and let others pipe in with opinions.

The troubadours are in town trying to get a deal like the town's regular dude who went on tour with Neil Young. This drove Taylor crazy.

Logan graduated from Yale and Rory did her best to help him celebrate before he left for England. He asked her to ask him to stay and she refused though she couldn't stand him leaving. Earlier, she had a run in with his dad who made a point of letting her know that this job in Englad was about making Logan act like a grownup. She couldn't argue with that.

Lorelei continued to dodge Luke. She ended up at Friday dinner with her parents who also invited Christopher and (the boss from the Office) a psychologist named Linny. She and Chris didn't hit it off but she ended up giving Lorelei a session in the back of her car in her parents' driveway. She told Lorelei to stop waiting, to go out and get what she wants and that sometimes things aren't meant to be.

So Lorelei went off to Luke's and issued an ultimatum, which Luke of course doesn't respond to. She demands they elope, now or never. She did point out she's been tiptoeing around the past few months before issuing her demand. When he tells her he needs to think, she storms off...to Christopher's bed.

4 Comments:

  • Lorelei is really going to hate herself. I'm disappointed in Luke. Who knew he would fall into the father thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM  

  • I wonder how long Logan will be in London before he cheats on Rory? I wonder if that is the last we will be seeing of him.

    My guess is that season opener, it will be the same day, and Luke will come to Lorelai and say, "You are right, let's elope." Or maybe not. Either way, I think the look on her face in the bed said a lot. Guilt, shame, regret.

    I don't think Luke wants to get married. When she was standing there, pouring her heart out to him (finally!), he really shouldn't have had anything more to think about.

    Oh, and I thought the musical people were silly, mostly because I am not cool enough to know who any of them are.

    It will be very interesting to see where the new writers will be taking us next season.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 7:47 AM  

  • Luke is NOT one to respond to ultimatums. He never has been and Lorelai was issuing a huge ultimatum. I think Luke has a deep sense of responsibility....he has shown this in his relationships with his sister and with Jesse. Look at his history...even with the town. He just found out about his daughter....it is a shock and he has not taken it all in yet. And he hates ultimatums. I think he cares deeply about Lorelai....he is not good in handling deep feelings.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

  • ALright, I'll chime in.

    I had a different impression of Luke and HE was the one I felt sorry for to be honest. Lorelei was frantic when she issued her ultimatum and she, of all people, should know that this is not how to deal with Luke. The most spontaneous thing Luke has done is say yes to her proposal...he's a thinker and he asked for time to think and she didn't even give him a chance - just stormed off and went to Christopher.

    I'm looking forward to next season because I don't like how they've written Lorelei the past two episodes, two episodes written by the creators who are leaving. Lorelei had this major breakthrough that Luke is the only man she's been in love with...after that I just can't see her sleeping with Chris. Maybe in season 3 but not anymore.

    I liked Rory's scene in the elevator with Logan's dad. It changed her way of viewing herself as the victim in this and made her realize what a good thing this would be for Logan. Her storyline, while she broke my heart at the end being so sad, didn't bother me as much as Lorelei.

    By Blogger B, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home