What We Are Watching

Sunday, May 14, 2006

On a parallel Earth...

I've been watching a lot the past few days as I rest and rest for the impending birth of my little Yoda.

What have I seen?

Upside of Anger. Blah. I liked Kevin Costner's performance but didn't realize it was a Mike Binder movie until I popped it in and I don't like his style of writing so...I sat through it but it was mainly blech.

The Family Stone. Much better. I meant to see this last Christmas but missed it. Luke Wilson was really good and it was fun to see Claire Danes as a grown up.

Broken Flowers. Even better. Jeffrey Wright just about stole the movie from Bill Murray. Another of Bill Murray's indie roles that I'm so glad he's taken on at this stage in his career. The two of them together is just fun. The movie itself was quirky and probably not for everyone but I liked it.

Finally...SNL with Al Gore. Last night the show opened by explaining that there are parallel Earths out there in the universe and then let us see the Presidential address of one of them: where Al Gore is President and everything that is currently wrong with this country is fixed by his lockbox. Best of all? Al Gore was played by Al Gore and not Darrell Hammond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home