What We Are Watching

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I got your bogus in a bag and it's zip-locked shut

I'm kinda half and half on this episode of Gilmore. Some parts were very good; others were sorta blah.

Lorelei's story was basically that she helped Christopher by taking care of Gigi who is a terror. Zzzzzzz.

Zach realized he needed to get the band back together so he hunted down Sebastian Bach at a bar mitzvah, where the first awesomeness happened - the man was singing some Hollaback Girl. He and Brian agreed to give Zach and the band a second chance as long as Lane was their drummer. So Zach went and proposed to Lane in the middle of Luke's and she accepted.
Aw.

Rory had most of the story tonight. She participated in a forum on journalism and kicked some bootie. But Logan's sister was getting married and when Rory ended up hanging with the bridesmaids, she found out he's slept with 3 out of 4 of them, all during the time the show was off the air this Christmas. Ew. Ew to sleeping with the brother of any of my friends and ew to my brother sleeping with my friends. Ew ew ew.

He tried to play the Ross/Rachel "WE WERE ON A BREAK" card but dude, we watched the show. You never broke up with her! She found out through your sister that you were on a break as it was. Rory was astute enough to point out that you have to tell a person to consider it a break up.

Then she went and got drunk. She was an angry drunk which I loved. The bartender was trying to get her to eat and her response was "YOU eat something..." She ran into Doyle, freshly kicked out of Paris' - they broke up too.
Rory drunk = amusing. Rory drunk with Doyle=funny.

In the end, Paris took Rory back in and she and Logan seem to really be broken up now.

So an uneven episode in my book. Bring us more drunken Doyle, less drunken Logan.

3 Comments:

  • I found the bit with Gigi funny. Rory had to be the cute, perfect toddler....so I think Lorelai had the usual reaction to a demon child. And Christopher's initial reaction was so true....spot on. At least he came to his sesnes after Lorelai told him what he was doing. So many parents don't.

    And I am so happy that Rory and Paris are back together....I miss Paris and her neuroses!

    And Lane! I love Lane. "I photograph so Asian"....the look on Lorelai's face when Lane said that was priceless.

    By Blogger Random Musings, at 9:17 AM  

  • I watched this finally tonight (yay for Tivo). I loved the Hollaback girl scene, although they mentioned "My Humps," which I think would have been even funnier.

    I am not sure the Lane/Zach engagement thing is such a great idea. We will have to see how it plays out.

    The most entertaining part was indeed drunk Doyle.

    I am glad that we are seeing Logan as icky again. I never quite bought the nice guy routine. Seems like Luke was the only one not fooled by his charade.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 10:23 PM  

  • I am the odd man out, I like the Rory/Logan line and am very disappointed that they skewed it to this degree. I liked that he redeemed himself and I liked that he wanted to take care of her. But I will say that I liked that she stood up for herself and she left. And yes, the drunk Rory was funny with drunk Doyle.

    By Blogger Judi B, at 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home