What We Are Watching

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Today

I've always watched the Today Show, at least on the days when I've been up early enough to watch TV, or was actually home to watch it. (In high school I was up that early but long gone to school before it began...).

So it's a morning habit that I'm invested in when they start talking about who is going to wake me up.

I'm pretty happy that Meredith Viera is replacing Katie Couric. I liked Katie but she's been visibly bored with the show for a few years now. And Meredith is sarcastic enough to work in really really well with Matt and Al.

Now, what of the VIEW? Meredith is the best part of that show; or, some might argue, the only watchable part of the show.

With Meredith gone, will Star and Joy finally succumb to a celebrity death match? And will Star recover from the bootie kicking Joy will give her?

1 Comments:

  • I have watched the Today Show since 1956 ( Dave Garroway, people) ....before school when possible, during vacations and while I was a stay at home mom. Many hosts have come and gone. I think MV will do an extremely good job. I remember when she did 57 West on CBS years ago and she is a good, solid newswoman. She has the sense of humor and the wit to hold her own with the staff. She has proven her interviewing skills.

    But I will miss Katie.
    And I do like Campbell Brown.

    By Blogger Random Musings, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home