What We Are Watching

Thursday, January 12, 2006

PBS time

I've been having trouble finding things to watch the past few nights and yet I've been super tired with the baby growing so I've been very reliant on the boob tube to watch some tv.
I stumbled on Frontline on PBS Monday night and got sucked into this three-part "movie." I didn't watch the whole thing but what I did see was fascinating in the way reality shows used to be.

You can watch it online if you have the capability, or wait and see if your PBS station is carrying it at a different time.
It's about two boys in Applachia and the struggles they face in trying to just grow up and get on with life. It has a very sweet romance between Cody and his now wife Jessica. And then the most frustrating and sad story of Chris, who seems to be doing the best with what life deals him...and that's not much at all.

Living in such an urban/surburban sprawl area as I do and always have, it's really hard to relate on the surface to what they go through. This movie really gave a perspective to lives I know in my heart exist but my head just can't wrap around it's so foreign to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home