What We Are Watching

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

State of the Union

I'm trying to be mad at Luke but I can't. I seem him as "typical" guy who is taking Lorelei for granted because he's more secure in the relationship than she is. He waited 8 years for her...it's likely not a big deal to him to wait a few months more.

But I feel badly for Lorelei because she's right; Luke's cutting her out. Let's hope she finds a way to figure all this out. And soon because I'm sorta tired of it already.

Lorelei did a great job with her family tonight though. Who'd'a thunk it'd be Lorelei who demanded that Friday night dinners take place, and Lorelei who demanded they not end this dinner until "all" the issues were ironed out? I laughed when it got to Lorelei yelling to Emily about not marrying Christopher. She really DID mean all the issues...

Meanwhile, I still hate Rory's bangs and that makes me like Rory less. I'll admit it. That and Logan. Why Logan? He didn't save her, his name did. And how is that impressive?

6 Comments:

  • I loved the Friday dinner part. The wild camera shots and the dramatic swings in topic were great.

    Prince E complains about Rory's bangs every episode. I think it makes her face look too small.

    While I agree that Logan used his Daddy's name to help Rory, I did see a glimmer of good in him tonight. Even before he used his rich family to pull some weight, he was really helping her out and finally using that brain of his. He has potential, he needs to just apply himself more and he might have a chance of being good enough for her.

    As for Lorelai and Luke, I really wish she would just tell him how she feels, instead of pretending like everything is okay. I predict the wedding date will come, she won't have cancelled anything, and they will get married. Or he will be so mad that she didn't cancel anything that they will break-up. Obviously hoping for the first one.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 10:04 PM  

  • I LOVED the dinner scenes. I love Kelly Bishop!
    So much fun.

    Logan....I can do without.
    Rory is just having some bad hair days.
    Lorelai and Luke HAVE to work things out...but not too quickly. This is tv....happily married couples aren't ineresting for writers. Unless you are the Cosbys...

    By Blogger Random Musings, at 10:20 PM  

  • I'd like to see them get married this year and then next year, which is likely the last season, have us see Lorelei figuring out how to be married. So I hope you are right about her not cancelling anything having potential storyline reasons

    By Blogger B, at 10:52 AM  

  • I'm trying to remember the previews...there was something icky with Logan and Rory. That means they were happy. I think I saw Luke at Friday dinner.

    By Blogger B, at 4:27 PM  

  • I think someone would have attacked Alexis Bledel in her sleep with scissors by now and destroyed the bangs, except that its hair and when it started growing again the bangs would reoccur. Damn. Someone needs to come up with miracle hair growth that someone can slather on her. She has GOT to realize how atrocious she looks? One part of the episode she had them pulled to the side and she almost looked like her old self. Sigh.

    The whole dinner scene was very amusing, but I was surprised because the camera work and editing style was SO different from anything we've seen in the last 5 1/2 years.

    I'm concerned about next week because the previews made it seem like Rory and Logan are either getting married, or having a baby. Either way is not good.

    By Blogger *Christie*, at 10:43 PM  

  • OMG, I can't believe I found this thread. All hail thee! You guys are saying everything I've said and more (though I haven't been all that distracted by Rory's bangs...LOL). I loved the dinner sequence...totally captured the entire situation brilliantly! I do want to smack Luke though...my heart aches everytime I see Lorelai's sour puss whenever Luke dismisses her about the wedding.

    By Blogger Judi B, at 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home