What We Are Watching

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Arrested Wrap Up

I've sorta been digesting all four episodes of Arrested that I watched last night/earlier today. I thought other than the second to last episode that they were all really strong. I have moments that I really loved about these episodes that epitomize the show that I'll mention below. But in the end, I think maybe - just maybe - I'm willing to let it have its last episode be just that. The end.

1. Franklin, GOB's puppet, wore a shirt that said "George Bush Don't Care About Black Puppets." They also found as many ways as possible to slip in their song they do together, "It ain't easy being white, it ain't easy being brown..."

2. Justine Bateman guest starring as a prostitute who ends up hitting on Jason Bateman's character. And yes, that makes me a sick person to find that funny. Or as Michael (Jason Bateman's character) said "That's just so wrong in so many ways..."

3. Anything George Michael did, the poor kid. From punching out GOB for living with his ex-girlfriend, to marrying Maybae, to his reaction to the pictures of Maybae being born, to just opening that granola bar...that kid is a genius child actor and should be recognized as such.

4. Ron Howard finally appeared.

5. We finally get why Lindsey didn't look like any of them.

6. Their obsession with Judge Reinhold. I think "Well excuse me Judge Reinhold" should live on as a catch phrase everywhere.

There was just a ton more, because they included so many inside jokes that you had to watch all three seasons to appreciate...but a part of me is sad, mainly because I've read that the creator isn't so sure he wants to continue it. So with that, I feel like just end it and let it be this brilliantly short sitcom that lives on in DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home