What We Are Watching

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Maybe they didn't like his bare chest?

It is amazing that they managed to stretch five minutes of drama over who was going home on So You Think You Can Dance into an hour show. Gifted people those Fox producers. Just take lots of recaps and recaps of recaps, have people repeat their dance from the night before, add another star performance by someone else I haven't heard of and there you have it: an hour show.

So I was right with my girl pick: Martha went home. She just wasn't exciting enough for me, or I guess, the voters. (by the way, I did vote last night for the first time. Three calls for Donyelle, one for Allison)

The guy that went home is Dmitry. I am not sure why, because I thought the girls liked it when he took his shirt off (a lot). Maybe the girls that screamed at his bare chest didn't vote for him? I am glad Ryan stayed because I think he will only get better, but am not sure Dmitry was the worst dancer. Then again, they make it clear that this contest is about America's favorite dancer, not America's best dancer.

Anyone have any ideas on why Dmitry went home? It is funny that he was in the bottom three so many times and people assumed it was because of the performance of his partner, but I guess maybe all along the voters didn't like him, but the judges kept saving him. I felt bad for him when he went to do his final dance, because they got the music wrong-twice. First they played the theme music and then they played another song entirely (was it Ryan's solo music? it was too quick for me to tell). By the time they got the music right, he only had about 12 seconds to dance.

2 Comments:

  • I hate to admit being addicted to this show but it happened last season and continues.

    I never felt Dimitri was that good....his partners kept getting eliminated...and a good partner makes the other partner look good....so it wasn't just the girls. His solos were always the same thing. Week after week...very fast, twisting steps and the shirt. Nothing innovative. No growth whereas the other men showed consistent growth. For Ivan, and even Mussa, to go from hiphop into the ballroom steps, showed that they were learning. I took ballroom as a teen and it is not easy!

    Martha also wasn't showing much growth. She did the steps...but never showed the flair thast Donyelle has. I love Donyelle...and hope tto see her go far. I also like Benjo and Travis.

    By Blogger Random Musings, at 9:03 AM  

  • I think it's the bare chest.

    Very Michael Jackson, 1988

    By Blogger B, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home