What We Are Watching

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rock Star: Supernova

I really resisted watching this show last summer but got hooked and I'm about to be hooked again. I think this show is far superior to American Idol. The talent is much better and I like the music better too.

What won't be good? The lame banter where they ask why singers are choosing mellow songs when they are a "dirty rock band" and "we're a hard rock band..."

Well guys, hate to tell you but we know the truth. Without singers singing more middle of the road hits, you won't have viewers. Supernova may evolve into a hard or even heavy metal band, considering the founders are all metal band members from the past...but is that music really all that popular? Would I tune in to watch singers singing nothing but metal?

Uh, no.

That said, the women stood out this year. I think it's easier to see a woman fronting this band than INXS from last year. So maybe a woman will win. I think the first singer and then the one who did the Nirvana song are the ones to beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home