What We Are Watching

Monday, October 03, 2005

Live From New York...

About the only tv I watched this weekend was SNL. Steve Carell was the host and he was actually quite good. I don't know why I'm shocked...I guess cuz sometimes I can really like a host and then they actually host SNL and it's just not good. His sketches were pretty good though and he did really well with the ensemble.

I wish he'd done Weekend Update, though. Horatio Sanz? Of all the cast available, and a host with a background in fake news, you send Horatio Sanz to fill in for Tina Fey? Amy Poehler still rocks.

I loved the Jet Blue air skit where the passengers could watch themselves crash land (except Steve Carell, who was watching Charles in Charge instead). Best moment was probably Kanye West "running into" Mike Meyers in the hallway and Mike Meyers acting all scared of him.

And we had a Debby Downer sketch. Since I just got done working with a Debby Downer, that "wah wah" music really cracked me up. As soon as the real-life version got fired/quit (mutual separation I guess), we were talking about how conversations with her made us want to go "Wah, wahhhhhh" as soon as she got done talking.

Next Week: Napoleon Dynamite and Ashley Simpson. I think I'll skip it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home