What We Are Watching

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Comments on Idol

I'm not an avid American Idol watcher...but I did watch the last few episodes the season that Kelly Clarkson won. And I do catch a few episodes each season. So I watch it I guess.

I'm jumping on my soapbox in defense of Kelly Clarkson right now, and saying if she doesn't want Potential Idols to use her songs, than I'm ok with it. I happen to agree with her that her songs have been better the more she's distanced herself as "The Idol." The songs they give the winners immediately following are very bland. She's been lucky in that the bland songs allowed her some popularity to get to the point where she found song writers more suited to her.

I know that she's now given in and this whole hub bub is likely just more attention grabbing from both sides...but it still sorta hit me that it was unfair to attack her when she's far from the only singer to say "No, that's ok. Don't use my songs..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home