What We Are Watching

Sunday, January 15, 2006

This show is just f---ed up.

Ok, excuse the implied french in the above subject heading but, people, 24 is back. And Jack, he's no longer dead. But I guess we knew that had to happen in order to have another season. But others are. Dead that is. Man are they ever. I didn't think it possible, but they actually managed to kickoff the show with two of the better episodes I can remember. I'm talking Nina Kills Teri good. I'm talking Jack Kills Nina good. Yes, the first ten minutes are a shocker and half (to me, cuz I try and remain spoiler free for this particular show...others of you may have seen this coming but not I...). I felt the blood drain from my body at one point, only to have it happen again about 4 minutes later. I mean, that whole sense of peace you get from watching the last episode of the season last year? Yeah, it's gone almost immediately. I should have known it too good to be true.

I'm going to refrain from details because I know of at least one reader of mine who taped this show and likely hasn't watched it yet. But wow. It's a doozy.

Reflections that can be read without ruining the show for those who have it saved for later...

Kiefer's voice is still velvety and addictive.

Kiefer has finally learned from past seasons and decided to go with a super short hair style that will be easy to maintain all year. This is something Carlos Bernard (Tony) realized long ago.

That's about it for this posting. Go ahead and talk about it in the comments if you wish. And if you haven't seen the show and plan to watch it later, stay out of the comments!

2 Comments:

  • We are SO glad 24 is back!! We TiVo everything and the plan was to jump in late and catch up by the end but thanks to the retarded football game we ended up catching up not that far after it had truly started. 24 is THE best show!!!

    They had all the promos about the first 10 minutes, so we thought the excitement was over, and then the other major excitment at about 15 minutes in was too much!! I really just couldn't believe that was what happened, ya know!

    Kiefer is perfect for that role. The best mix of evil and good there is. I don't know if we'll get to watch both episodes tonight or not, so we'll see.

    Thanks for not being a spoiler for anyone who may not have had a chance to watch it!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 7:17 AM  

  • I totally agree with you about Kiefer. Jack is so mixed up and when he was telling that kid that he was just about to allow himself to believe he could have a family again? My heart broke. Poor Jack!

    At the end of the first hour, we turned to each other and went "Well! Issue solved!" but oh, 24 is so devious that way. Things are never OVER and they are never what they appear to be on the surface either.

    Long live Chloe and her awkward bluntness!

    By Blogger B, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home