What We Are Watching

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Skating with Celebrities

Did anyone watch this? I thought it was fun. It was nice to be reminded of how hard skating is, actually. I mean, you watch the Olympics of any of the pros and it looks easy and you feel like a fool. But seeing Bruce Jenner wobbling around out there put things in perspective. I'm assuming Gillian Barberie has some sort of figure skating background in her life. She did way too well. It only begs the question: How Would Master P do?

3 Comments:

  • I was actually surprised at how well several of them did. I agree about JP....she must have either dance or skating in her background. Todd Bridges surprised me It was fun to watch....relaxing.

    By Blogger Random Musings, at 8:55 AM  

  • K.,

    You shoulda seen Todd Bridges. He skated to Wild Wild West by Will Smith and after viewing his training tape, it was miraculous that he managed to stay upright the entire time.

    Most of them were actually a lot better than you'd think. Barberie who is really more of a local LA celebrity than someone the rest of us know about, was extremely good. I wouldn't be surprised if she busted out a triple axel soon.

    By Blogger B, at 10:15 AM  

  • I saw parts of it while I worked out on the elliptical. I just caught the tail end of Bridges but it seemes like they jipped them on the score. The JP girl mentioned something really quickly about figure skating in high school, which I really don't think is fair. I think Master P would have a hard time skating in his sneakers!

    By Blogger Rae, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home