What We Are Watching

Thursday, September 14, 2006

This one is understandable.

Remember how before I moved I was sad because my new cable did not have the WE channel, and, thus, no Bridezillas? Yeah, well I was wrong. It is all the way up in the 500s, but it is there. There have not been too many interesting episodes, though, so I haven't had much to post.

I watched an episode last night in which the woman (who was fairly bossy and unfriendly for most of the episode) had a wedding day catastrophe. Her florist did not show up. No, her florist wasn't late, she never showed up. I can understand why the bride was upset in this instance (although I wasn't with her the night before when she thought people weren't paying attention to her at her rehearsal dinner).

She had already paid for all the flowers and we had seen her meet with the florist in person and on the phone to confirm everything. There was no indication that the florist would not show up.

In a sweet gesture, the groom and his groomsmen collected flowers from around the restaurant where the wedding/reception was at and made the bride a bouquet. She really should have let it go at that point, but she remained distracted by the whole thing. When she later messed up during her vows, she said, "Sorry, I am still thinking about my flowers."

There was an update at the end that said when the bride went to confront the florist, the police had to be called. Yikes.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, I think I'd have been distracted by that too. You spend so much time getting all the logistics set and then something like that goes wrong.

    Still, the fact is, your wedding day is about I dunno, MARRYING the guy standing in front of you so maybe, just maybe, put some effort into WHAT YOU ARE SAYING TO HIM and let the flowers go.
    :)

    By Blogger B, at 10:26 PM  

  • Exactly. Her anger was justified, but then she needed to put it aside and she could not seem to do that.

    By Blogger Simba's Mom, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home