What We Are Watching

Monday, July 31, 2006

"Favorite Dancer" does not mean "Best Dancer"

In case you were wondering, I have not refrained from posting about the last elimination show of "So You Think You Can Dance?" as the result of a boycott due to the dismissal of Allison (although I am very unhappy about that). I have been moving and haven't had computer access since Thursday afternoon.

Along with Allison, Ryan was also eliminated. I am not surprised by that because he has struggled with non-contemporary dances. But, Allison? Really? Are you kidding me? Although I would have been upset had anyone but Natalie gone home. I am not sure if it was a matter of voters just liking other girls better, or perhaps people thinking she was "safe" and didn't need votes? I could see more people voting for Donyelle simply because she had a rough week and they didn't want to see her eliminated. It could be that Allison's suddenly straight hair confused people and they thought she was someone else?

Who knows. At this point, I am not sure what the voters are thinking, besides the obvious that Benji will eventually be crowned the winner.

By the way, that song that they play during the video memory after each girl is eliminated? I have had it in my head all weekend. And then the alarm went off this morning and it was playing that song. Freaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home