What We Are Watching

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Just not the same.

The show makes me a little sad now that Allison is gone. Having her leave and Natalie stay last week has made me not like Natalie at all. As a result, I only half-watched her performances with Ivan: the jive and contemporary. I thought Ivan was pretty bad at the contemporary. He seems so stiff. I think that is the one type of dance where his youthfulness shows through and hinders his performance.

Donyelle and Benji did hip-hop and Broadway. Both routines were decent, although I was not as impressed with this Broadway routine as I was with some in the past. I still think Benji looks goofy doing hip-hop. He certainly seems made for Broadway, though. I thought Donyelle was great, but I fear she might be leaving tonight. I hope that is not the case. By the way, her name is really not that difficult to pronounce, but some of the judges can’t seem to get it right. Previously she was called Danielle, and last night one of the judges called her Donelle.

Heidi and Travis did pop and smooth waltz. The pop routine had a lot of African influence and I really liked it. We are to the point in the season where there are not a lot of new and exciting routines, so it was nice to see some originality. Their waltz was enjoyable as well. I think Heidi is definitely the girl to beat, although she will probably lose out on the overall title her cousin.

Does anyone else think Heidi looks like she could be Reese Witherspoon’s sister?

All the dancers did solos, although nothing really stood out to me. It seems like they all do variations on previous solos and don’t really take too many risks.

One last thing. Cat Deeley’s hair. Although it looked like it took a long time to do it like that and it looked very pretty from the front, the back looked like she just woke up from a nap.

Who I like to see leave: Ivan and Natalie

1 Comments:

  • I totally agree with you. Ivan and Natalie were outdanced...completely. Even in the solos....which are getting very boring.

    By Blogger Random Musings, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home